Did I miss out on any juicy gossip? Any Admins die or mods get involved in any sexual scandals with users?
I'm a star.
Joined on 10/14/06
Posted by AlphaCentauri - February 8th, 2012
I hate it. Even though I started this account before the 2007 design, I am a creature of the 2007 design. I miss it tremendously already and want nothing more then to log in and see everything as it used to. As I want it to be.
Obviously this is a very selfish/childish view that doesn't take into account all the hard work put in, but this site has lost a lot of allure for me. Pretty upset about all this. My internet home has changed.
Posted by AlphaCentauri - August 10th, 2011
I know in the threads some people were wondering how I was linking to threads that didn't exist yet in I'm stuck in an infinite loop! I'll explain here. It isn't very complicated at all, fyi.
1. Make 4 alts (I wanted to make 5 (one for each aura) but wasn't sure what the 5th would be called, AlphaSentauri, maybe?)
2. Find the last thread created on the BBS. Add +1 to the end number in the URL, this will take you to an error page saying that thread doesn't exist.
3. Open all 4 alts accounts in different windows (I used 4 different browsers) and get to the new topic window in each
4. The first topic (to be posted on my main) was to be topic number 1264341, so in that thread I linked to topic number 1264342. In topic 1264342, I linked to 1264343. In 1264343 I linked to 1264344. And in 1264344 I closed the loop and linked back to the original, 1264341.
5. Line all the "post it!" buttons up on your screen and post them all within a second or so to ensure nobody makes a new thread i the middle of your posting (one of your links would just link to some random thread in that case)
I was originally just going to do it with two accounts, but since I'm such an ambitious young man I did 4. Slightly more spammy but vastly more entertaining.
So there isn't anything special in linking to threads that don't exist yet, you just link to them, and then make them. This same concept has given me an idea for another thread that will awesome. So look for it soon, and post in it quickly, because i imagine it will be locked rather quickly.
Posted by AlphaCentauri - July 1st, 2011
I had quite a few names on the BBS before settling on AlphaCentauri. I'm gonna make list as I remember and discover some of them. Let me know if you remember any incarnations of the current user that posts before you. Also tell me which you like best.
PiercePyro (Now this Account)
Posted by AlphaCentauri - June 15th, 2011
On these forums, I was just looking over some old posts from 2006 and 2007 and realized how much more fun I had on this site back then. I talked to a lot more people, made a lot more friends, created topics that I actually enjoyed making and generally just had a better time. Everyone old I knew and really talked to has pretty much left for good. Perhaps that means that it is just time to leave, but I'd like to think not.
So anyways, here in a few days I'm going to make another account and try to start over, fresh. See if that changes anything. It probably sounds stupid, but I'm afraid I've sort of closed myself into a corner as some type of reclusive old lone wolf regular.
Anyway, I still plan on depositing on this account so if you want to get in touch with me send me pms and I'll likely respond to them.
See you all on another account!
PS: I'm not trying to keep my new account some big secret or anything, it will probably be pretty easy to figure out in all reality. Just telling people would kinda ruin the point.